Here’s a sneaky peak at what I have packed in my hospital bag for baby #3! 9 days to go! I may have procrastinated a little but hey third baby probs right? I feel like I packed all the essentials-nothing more-nothing less. Third time’s a charm 😉
- Rumina nursing bra-his can be used as a regular ‘ol nursing bra but its magical because it doubles as a hands free pumping bra. WIN!
- Belly Bandit waist trainer– I’ve read hundreds of reviews on this thing & have decided I want to use a waist trainer after this baby to get my hip shape back and work on my lower back and ab support. There’s enough relaxin in your body postpartum that your body is much easier to “shape”. Review coming soon! 😉
- Camo joggers– Because I’ll need something comfy to go home in 🙂
- Loose fitting long sleeve top– Again, comfy, and easy to nurse in.
- My fuzzy socks– Sounds silly but I’ve worn these socks when I gave birth to both babies and I just like ’em okay? Also, I can’t stand being barefoot anywhere but home especially during childbirth hah.
- Dry shampoo– My favorite dry shampoo ever!! No grease, white powder, or flakey crud.
- My favorite shampoo and conditioner– Because its just really nice to take a shower using your OWN goods. You deserve it momma!
- Lavender roll on- Because childbirth….
- My silky robe- I feel weird wearing those hospital gowns. Its nice to have your own robe for sure. (I got mine a while ago but this one is very similar)
There’s really not much else you need for a typical hospital stay with bebe. You’ll be half naked most of the time you’re there with all the “checks”, tests, nursing etc. No need for real clothes until you’re ready to get out of there. Now for the sweet stuff….
- My plain white Aden & Anais swaddle blanket– I love how the white looks in pictures. Naked baby skin and white blankey-can’t get much sweeter than that!
- Honest healing balm– A must have in all situations.
- Baby fleece Zutano booties-THESE ARE EVERYTHING. They’re cute and other regular newborn socks never ever stay on!
- Organic sleeper onesies– Looooove sleepers. All of my babies live in these for their first couple months. Make sure to bring extra just in case there are any mishaps 🙂
- A hat or two to keep baby’s head warm and cozy.
- Swaddle-Not to be confused with a swaddle blanket. This one is designed to make sure you’re not constantly re-doing that complicated swaddle fold. Velcro and done.
I’m also going to bring along my Boppy pillow so that the older siblings have something to use when they meet their brother or sister 🙂 I don’t use a nursing pillow but this is GREAT to have for kids/guests when they are holding your new little.
More advice: Use the hospital’s diapers, wipes (for you and babe) 😉 pacifiers, and pumps. There’s no need to bring all of that luggage and they have everything on hand for you. USE IT! Some hospitals even give you hats, blankets, & a diaper bag to take!
What are some of your newborn favorites?? Please share!